Having a newborn baby is a life experience unlike anything else! Newborns go through so many changes in the early days, and photographs of these brief stages-- when we have them!-- often become lifetime favorites.
Let the Flash Lady use our over 10 years of experience to help you safely and timelessly capture your baby's precious features in the comfort of our studio, where we can use our years of experience and the latest techniques learned in our annual newborn workshops, where we study with with some of the best mentors in the world. All the props, outfits, and backdrops you need to create the photos of your dreams are here in the Flash Lady's custom collection, and sanitized after every session. We're also up to date on all vaccines, receive annual flu shots, and carry all the correct business liability insurance. Scroll down for more FAQs.
Choose a photographer whose work you love, and we'll give you an heirloom of your child to treasure forever!
Newborn and Infant Photography | Quick Take
- With over a decade of in the photography industry as a registered business, the Flash Lady is highly experienced in newborn posing and safety.
- We are fully vaccinated, have up-to-date flu shots, and are properly insured.
- All props, blankets, and background items are thoroughly washed or sanitized after each session.
- The Flash Lady Photography studio is located in a dedicated area of my home, is zoned by the Town of Newington, CT, and carries all the proper business permits.
- Full newborn photo sessions are typically around 3 hours in length, and can include parents, siblings, or other family members if desired.
- All outfits, wraps, headbands, props, etc. are provided by the Flash Lady. These are handmade and high quality from vendors all over the world, and are made just for this type of Fine Art Studio Photography.
- The Flash Lady's signature style of Newborn Photography is posed, and available only at our Newington, CT studio. You can contact us for a more candid photo session without props or posing at your home, but that style is not what is typically represented by the images in my portfolio or on this website.
- Babies are posed tastefully in either a clothed/unclothed/wrapped state. The poses/images provided are dependent on the baby’s cooperation. Some poses will take longer than others, but this is to ensure their comfort and safety. We will never force a baby into a position that they clearly are not into!
How much do newborn sessions cost?
Because of the extensive time and resources involved in a typical, three hour newborn session (plus the costs associated with acquiring, cleaning, and sterilizing props and materials between sessions), a $500 minimum purchase is required during your ordering appointment, not including Creative Fees. We also offer a la carte pricing for other types of photography, and can work with you to build a package that meets your needs and your budget.
When is the best time to have newborn photos taken?
Newborns change quickly and become more alert every day! Typically, most newborns are best photographed in a posed setting (as I do) around 10-14 days after they are born or up to three weeks old. Make sure to contact us in your second trimester, if possible, to reserve time around your due date as my schedule may be full by booking after your baby is born.
Is it safe to have my baby posed that way?
Professional newborn photographers spend a great deal of time learning about posing newborns and photographing them in a way that is natural for their bodies. I continue to take workshops on a regular basis to ensure the best ways to do so. At any time, if the baby is just not into the pose, we can always try something else. Some newborns just like a different position!
Can our newborn photography be done at our home?
I specialize in posed newborn photography, which uses a lot of previously set up props, posing areas, and other items for the session in a climate controlled space. This type of newborn photography I only provide at my studio.
Can we take family or sibling photos?
Of course! We will plan to take sibling and/or family photos at a specific part of the session and ask that you arrange for someone else to bring them/take them home so they are not waiting long before or after that segment.
When do we see the images?
Your Design & Ordering appointment (where you view your photos and decide what you’d like to purchase) is scheduled after your session takes place, usually 1-2 weeks later depending on current session volume. This personalized ordering experience allows me to assist you in deciding on the best products for you – Display, Printing, Sharing, etc. After your order is submitted, images go through final retouching and sent to my professional labs for printings. Products typically arrive in about 2-3 weeks and are picked up here at the studio after my own careful inspection for quality.