Coronavirus Newborn Photos | Newington, CT
March 14th, 2020 was the last photoshoot that I completed for one of my scheduled clients. It was a cake smash session for a first birthday milestone, and little did I know that the following week we’d be forced to close, schools were shut down, and everything came to a screeching halt! Although this has been a very difficult process for everyone, I am grateful to all of my clients for their patience as we wait to reopen and reschedule their photoshoots. However, one of the genre groups hardest hit by this pandemic has been the newborn babies. These sessions are planned months in advance, many times with unique and special props and outfits purchased (by me!), and there is a lot of anticipation leading up to their arrival. The closure hit only a few days before I was scheduled to welcome another precious newborn to my photography studio. We tried to wait and see if we could reopen in a few weeks, but as of today, we are waiting on at least a June 17th date for professional services with close contact. We want to be as SAFE as possible, which is why our closure will continue as long is as required. Of course, we are able to apply any paid retainers to future milestones, and thankfully I’ll see this cutie again to plan her first birthday case smash next year! But in the meantime, I wanted to try and do something for the littlest ones, and their parents, who are missing out on these professional photos that cannot be replicated later. So for our latest community service project – Coronavirus Newborn Photos – I had offered to guide them through photographing at home on their own and sending me unedited photographs via DropBox. From there, I’ve taken these images and chosen the best to create a digital composite. This is something that I would do during my regular client sessions as well. It is an advanced technique that allows us to expand on their already beautiful galleries, and in this case, provide something special for those that are feeling left out of this memorable time.
Coronavirus Newborn Photos – THE DETAILS:
- Have you had a newborn baby in the last 4-6 weeks? (*Terms to participate: Must not already be scheduled or working with a professional photographer and have not had photos taken already.)
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll walk through the process of creating 1 composite image, and I will put something together for you digitally.
- *You must be willing to sign a model release to allow me to use the image for marketing purposes. Copyright of these derivative works will remain with The Flash Lady Photography.
- As these digitals must be created using backgrounds purchased by me and time to create, although payment is not required, I appreciate donations/sponsorships of any amount via PayPal to email@example.com or Venmo (@kristinvacca) to produce these and cover the costs of the backgrounds themselves and time to create these advance composites for others.
Don’t let this precious newborn baby stage pass while we are under unfortunate circumstances. See below what we were able to create for one of our clients!
"The Flash Lady Photography is a full service Connecticut photography studio located very close to Hartford, CT specializing in newborn photography, baby photography, child photography, and family photography. We also are a portrait photographer and wedding photographer serving all of Southern New England. We are conveniently located in central Connecticut with easy access to major highways and plenty of on site parking. Please use our website contact form to contact us about planning your special photography session! We look forward to working with you!”